Was doing some #brickcaching for City Set 60134: Fun in the Park. Found them at Toys R’ Us in Connecticut. Paid full retail $39.99 for one, but will be going back on Thursday to purchase one more and to get some of the Volcano sets if possible.
And can I just say that baby in 60134 and the hot dog bun and the wheelchair are amazing! Way to go Lego….making some strides.
An Amazon deal, Lego Friends set 41104 Pop Star Dressing Room with 279 pieces is on sale for $18.99 and is Prime eligible. That is 37% off MSRP! And 0.07 cents per piece, that is pretty darn good!
A Lego add-on of interest is 41098- Emma’s Tourist Kiosk for $7, normally $9.99. Just about %30 off……and .07 cents per piece. Keep an eye on it.
Lego Book Releases for 2nd half of 2016.
Every AFOL has a Lego book library. Some fit neatly on a shelf…….others take over an entire bookshelf. Lego books can span from the DK Books aimed at a younger audience or books like those from N0 Starch Press that are aiming more at TFOLs and AFOLs.
Over the Summer of 2016 and into the early Fall of 2016 there will be several books released that the AFOL, TFOL, and general Lego enthusiast will want to add to their Amazon Wish List.
This list is by anticipated release date:
- Lego Star Wars: Chronicles of Force (with exclusive Minifigure) by Adam Bray, release date is June 7, 2016. This book is released by DK Books and is geared a bit more towards the younger ages with a 6+ reader recommendation.
- Geeky Lego Crafts by David Scarfe, release date is July 2016. This book is released by No Starch Press and is an American release of a UK 2015 release aimed at AFOLs.
- Tiny Lego Wonders by Mattia Zamboni, release dates is July 2016. This book is released by No Starch Press and includes 40 mini builds of popular vehicles.
- Lego Star Wars: Build Your Own Adventure by DK Books. Release date is scheduled for August 2, 2016 and this book has an 8+ recommended reading level. All about Star Wars and building your own Star War themed story using Lego pieces.
- Lego City: Build Your Own Adventure by DK Books. Release date is scheduled for August 2, 2016 and this book has a recommended age level of 6+. A good book for kids or those looking to build various environments into their city.
- The Lego Christmas Ornaments Book by Chris McVeigh, release date is September 2016. This book is released by No Starch Press and includes many of Chris McVeigh‘s Christmas ornament designs (15 in total).
This is an incomplete list of Lego books coming out in the second half of 2016, but by the looks of it there is a good selection to choose from so far. Whether you use these books as coffee table books, books for your children, educational books, or idea launchers for your own builds they will be good additions to your collection.
This is the excerpt for a placeholder post. It can be deleted, or edited to make it your own.
I have yet to find in any of my Wal-Mart Stores in Connecticut, but word around the interweb is that depending on your individual Wal-Mart Store you can find the Lego Star Wars sets (Millennium Falcon being one of them) for as low as $50 (along with various other Lego Lines). That is $100 off! It takes some time and some hunting and scanning of individual boxes but to save up to $100 is worth it. Wal-Mart stores are getting ready for the new June Lego sets and that means deals can be had for those who go out hunting!
May the sale prices find you!